For companies looking to attract Millennial talent, Snapchat Snapcodes could be the key to getting their attention. So, how can you create your own Snapchat QR code? Follow our step-by-step video + guide below, and start driving more applicants with Snapchat today.
How to create Snapcodes for jobs in 10 easy steps
1. Download Snapchat from the App Store or Google Play.
Once installed, you’ll be able to sign up for a new Snapchat account.
2. To create a Snapchat account for your business, choose a username (max 15 characters).
You want to make it something people can easily search for if they don’t have your Snapcode.
3. Swipe down to open your Snapchat Settings.
Once you’ve created your account, you’ll be taken to the screen where you create Stories. Before you start doing this, swipe down. This opens up the Snapchat Settings menu.
4. Next, tap the gear in the upper-right corner.
5. Select “Snapcodes” from the dropdown menu.
6. Hit “Create Snapcode”
7. Type in the URL you want to drive people to.
You can use your careers webpage or an individual job page, like your job posting URL on Snagajob. The fewer clicks to apply the better.
8. Tap the ghost icon to add an image to your Snapchat QR code, like your brand logo (optional).
9. Hit ‘Save to Camera Roll’ to save to your phone or email the Snapcode Package to yourself
10. Start promoting your Snapchat Snapcode to job seekers!
Now that you’ve created your custom Snapcode, it’s time to start reaching potential job seekers. Print your new Snapchat Snapcode to feature in a prominent place at your location or to use in any printed recruiting materials, like posters, handouts or flyers.
Applicants can simply point their Snapchat camera at the Snapcode, press and hold the screen to scan it and they’ll be directed straight to your job listing!
How to use Snapchat QR codes for your hiring and recruiting
Here are a few ideas for different hiring Snapcodes you can create to attract more job applicants.
- Create a universal Snapchat QR code for your company Careers page
- This is the fastest and easiest Snapcode option. Promote any/all of your job openings by sending job seekers to a webpage where all of your current job openings are listed. You don’t have to worry about creating a custom Snapcode for every position or updating your Snapcode URL every time you fill a position or want to highlight a different one.
- If you’re using Snagajob, you can use the URL for your Company page on Snagajob. This page automatically updates with whatever job postings you have live on Snagajob and job seekers can instantly apply right there, without having to click through to another site or system—which leads to applicant drop off.
- Create a custom Snapcode for individual job postings
- Having trouble filling a particular position? Always accepting applications for certain roles? You can create unique Snapchat Snapcodes for high-priority or evergreen jobs. Set the Snapchat QR code URL to point to the job details page for that particular position, so job seekers have a straight path to quickly evaluate and apply.
- Create a Snapchat Snapcode for each location
- This is a great option if you’ve got a webpage/site for each store location. Snag research shows Job Location is the #2 factor for hourly workers when evaluating jobs, so a location-targeted Snapcode strategy could really pay off.
- Print your Snapchat QR code on in-store flyers, table tents and/or cards for visitors to take while they’re in your store.
Every Snapcode you make is saved under ‘My Snapcodes.’ There, you can view all of your existing Snapchat codes, edit them or delete ones you no longer need.
Start hiring with Snapchat codes
Post your jobs on Snag today and start creating your own hiring Snapcodes that drive more applicants to your listings.